The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy above.
- Participate and contribute in the response options analysis. Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacitybuilding).
- Visits operational areas to ensure discussion with community leaders and develop methods of implementation for proposed program.
- Participates and Carries out on-site humanitaraon assistance/ aid distributions such as Cash Transfer Programe, Food assistance and Essential Household Items distribution.
- Responsible for implementation of interventions in Shanty towns, urban Port Harcourt
- Ensure implementation of Post Distribution monitoring and project monitoring as per project requirement.
- Contribute to writing Assessment report, Field Trip Report, Monitoring report and other required reports as per direction of the EcoSec Delegate
- Develop EcoSec Project Management Tools reports and ensure that the reports are submitted to EcoSec and Log departments, Abuja timely.
- University Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Agriculture or related field
- Good computer skills- MS Office, and ICRC standard software and good knowledge on internet search.
- 4 years professional experience in same or similar field activities
- Evidence of team of experience in managing similar program in Nigeria
- Very good analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Initiative, organized, methodical and flexible personality, strong humanitarian motivation, ability to work independently, travel all parts of country and work in adverse environment
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication
- Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.