Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job ID: 33861
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Job Sector: Governance
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks - from the economic to the political - that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank.
- The E business, risk analyst role is part of an integrated group wide organization dedicated to bring the organization’s information risks under explicit management control in order to prevent significant reputational, financial or other loss to Stanbic IBTC and its clients. This is being achieved through the efficient and effective application of risk and information systems business (electronic business) expertise to identify risk areas within existing and proposed solutions. The role performs the following activities:
- Review effectiveness of control implementation of Key Controls and Business Specific Control
- Support Business lines, e-business, Operational Risk and the SBG Information Risk Office for the successful treatment of risks across all information system platforms.
- Highlight effectiveness of risk identification and implementation of key and business specific controls
- Monitor external and internal compliance requirements on all payments and collection platforms as well as other related systems
- Assessment of the control environment with specific reference to high risks identified and key controls implemented by 3rd parties.
- Recommendations on process and control gaps.
- Tracking and monitoring of control gaps and action plans.
- Define the necessary procedures to drive information risk management on major business initiatives / projects, providing control advice and measuring control effectiveness and efficiency.
- Awareness of Technology and electronic business risk threat landscape as it relates to the Bank
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to create risk awareness within the organization, including awareness of information risk related regulatory issues that have a potential impact to the environment in alignment with group wide awareness activities.
- Support the engagement process of risk assessments and acts as a liaison with business lines to deliver value to the business.
- Establish cooperative dialogue between Operational Risk, e-business, Financial Crime Control, and IT Security by visible and consistent action.
- Promote self-compliance to information risk governance standards, policies and standards.
- Develop business personnel knowledge to ensure better information protection and management
Internal and External Relationships
- Operations, Legal, Compliance, FCC, Market Risk, E-business, Customer Care, Internal Control, Governance and IT
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Masters, MBA, or professional qualifications such as FRM, PRM, ISO27001 LA, ISO27001 LI, COBIT 5 LI etc. is advantageous
- Strong operational risk experience within financial services/industry (retail, commercial and corporate and investment banking) with working knowledge of banking systems, procedures and controls
- Experience with payments and collections platforms, mobile payments, cards projects implementation, excellent understanding of the Point of Sale framework.
- Business product knowledge, including understanding of financial processes in order to be able to determine their impact on risk and control
- Familiarity with operational risk regulatory environment e.g. Basel II (AMA), Sarbanes Oxley, etc. preferable though not essential)
- Practical knowledge of how to input, access and utilise information from the network/systems to analyse and forecast trends
- Outstanding analytical, data, and project management expertise.