Reports To: House Keeping Supervisor - Department: House Keeping & Laundry
We seek a professional Laundry Assistant who will launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily. Launder and clean all hotel linen, e.g. bed sheets, towels,
table cloths etc, ensuring our replenishing stock wardrobes and drawers are always stocked with
fresh, clean and neat hotel linens required by the house keeping staffs
- Carry out all laundry cleaning duties as directed by housekeeper supervisors or concierge officers to the required standards.
- Ensure that daily dry cleaning or laundry schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment, liquid and detergents is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Reporting any defect to the supervisors.
- To follow the correct use of color code systems with colour sensitive laundry
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed before taking in guest laundry
- Routine deep cleaning of all laundry equipments in accordance with the equipment manufacture standards
- Ensures all washing, drying, and pressing of all fabrics, soft furnishings, Gym laundry amenities, bedroom curtains amenities, dusting and cleaning cloths is carried to the highest standard
- Ensure required stocks laundry are replenished from the store
- Assists room attendants/housekeepers as of when necessary
Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- Has acquired basic formal basic education at any level
- Previous dry cleaning and laundry experience is essential
- Has an excellent working level of knowledge of handling and operating modern dry cleaning equipment's
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer garment care and first-class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, and courteous