Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
- Under immediate supervision of the Finance & Admin Coordinator, performs function in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of Staff and Consultants to and from various destinations.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of project vehicles - washes and cleans interior;
- Responsible for the provision of safe and reliable driving services to the programme staff and consultants in the execution of their day to day duties.
- Reports any dysfunction to the Finance & Admin Coordinator, takes official vehicles for maintenance and repairs;
- Assists consultants in getting in and out of vehicles, and other courtesies when necessary;
- Responsible for the security of all passengers and any equipment in the vehicles;
- Updates vehicle log book for all journeys.
- Performs related duties as required.
The driver will be required to:
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean, road worthy and compliant with DFID and Palladium Operating Security Standards.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services to programme personnel as required.
- Support in the delivery and collection of cargo/mail, documents and other errands as directed by authorised programme personnel in accordance with set guidelines.
- Conduct office pickups and drop-offs for authorised staff and consultants as required.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the assigned vehicle ensuring vehicles are clean and functional and conducting timely repairs, change of oil etc. and reporting on supervisors on time.
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, breaks, tires etc. as required to ensure the optimum performance of vehicles at all times.
- Report any mechanical faults in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to ensure that all such repairs were done properly.
- Check vehicle condition/requirement and fill the Log Book properly, log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc. also ensure that all assigned programme vehicles have up to date documentation including insurance and other required vehicle registration papers
- Ensure that vehicles petrol tanks are always full prior to any field trips.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness about discussions which involve the programme and its officials.
- Take proper measures to reduce potential threats to MNCH2 Officials or property within the immediate vicinity of vehicles and along transport routes.
- Read and understand the MNCH2 Security Standards Operating Procedures and ensure compliance with all security requirements when driving and using any programme vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by law and by the Palladium (MNCH2) rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents or incidents.
- Support the programme team by providing administrative and clerical support as required including in preparing, photocopying, collating, binding, filing and distributing documents, mail and notifications as requested.
- Provide general administrative and logistics support to the office and also during events and meetings as required.
The Driver should:
- Have a Secondary School Certificate;
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Defensive Driving Training Certificate (obtained recently);
- Have an understanding of the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage