Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
The Rig Accountant will be responsible for various financial tasks and analysis in relation to Profit centers and Legal entities. Apply the principles of accounting in order to prepare and analyze financial information for the assigned Rig. Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and related internal controls.
- Prepare monthly bank balance reconciliation statement and monthly billing invoices for clients
- Review supplier invoices for appropriate documentation and coding
- Assist in preparation of monthly Profit & Loss statement and account analysis for the assigned rig and balance sheet reconciliations for Legal entities
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts for assigned rig
- Communicates as and when required (both in verbal and written form) with clients, suppliers, and vendors, banking contacts, rig managers, cost controllers etc.
- Ensure that assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies, objectives and budget.
- Interact and liaise with a variety of departments within the organization as well as multiple levels of management
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Participate in any other assigned duties, responsibilities and special projects as directed immediate superior
- Minimum of 5 years of financial experience on a drilling project.
- Excellent computer skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, accounting systems and financial concepts.
- Accounting and/or finance degree required
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.