- The Documentation/DTI officer will be responsible for the recording, registration, and maintenance of all clearing operations incoming and outgoing documents, from the opening of files and registration of all documentation processes, keeping of all original documents relating to each clearing file to the final dispatch of completed documents to the importers. He/she will also supervise the recording, archiving and filing of completed documents at the warehouse.
- He/she will liaise with the Operations Manager at all times on matters relating to the clearing process.
- The Documentation/DTI Officer must ensure that each file that is opened is correctly registered, and all documents are correctly entered and any irregularities are noted and brought to the attention of the Operations Manager and the importer.
- He/she must ensure that all documents processed in the DTI are correctly inputted by the DTI officers before passing such to the Operations Manager for approval to go ahead for assessment.
- He/she must work with the Customs and the Web Fontaine representative to ensure that the NICIS system is operating at optimum capacity and accuracy at all times.
- The Documentation/DTI officer will liaise with clients to advise on job status, documentation requirements and all other clearing issues related to their consignments. They will also follow up with proposed and existing clients in respect of new assignments.
- The Documentation/DTI Officer must liaise with the Nigeria Customs Service to ensure that the company is up to date on all the relevant laws and procedures guiding customs activities. She/he must also identify relevant stakeholder meetings and attend on the company’s behalf.
- He/she must process the annual renewal of customs/NPA/shipping companies/Terminal operator's licenses.
- He/she must supervise the processing of all shipping container refunds by the shipping clerks on behalf of our clients.
- Any other assignment that may be given by the management.
- University degree – 2.2 or above
- Excellent working knowledge of windows office suite
- 3 years of working experience
- Below 35 years of age
- Preferably residing in a location convenient for commuting to Apapa