We are a logistics company located in Lekki 1. Looking for a reliable Dispatcher to help create routes that keep costs down but meet customer scheduling needs. The Dispatcher will be responsible for using the latest in routing software to establish daily routes that make required stops outlined in the daily task. The successful candidates for this position needs to be able to adjust to last minute changes and work with others to schedule emergency pick-up or delivery for new or established clients when necessary.
Role and Responsibilities;
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with customers and operations team throughout the day
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Act as a communication liaison through the given phone and answer incoming phone calls from Customers/operations team on the road
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes and utilize the GPS maps to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Tracking and reporting of trips with the use of the trackers.
Qualifications and skills;
- High school diploma/ SSCE
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area
- Ability to work in a team environment in high-pressure situations
- Deep understanding of and familiarity with the Lagos state riding requirements.
- Must have a riders card.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Minimum Qualification – High School SSCE
- Working Experience - 1 year
- Work type – Full time and part time Positions available.
Applicants must have at least 2 Guarantors. A Guarantor is a citizen who has known the applicant for at least two years and is a practicing member in good standing of a regulatory body established by law chiropractor, dentist, midwife, nurse, optometrist, pharmacist, physician, or surgeon, psychologist or veterinarian, lawyer, a professional accountant, Civil Servant. A professional engineer, social worker or social service worker, teacher in a primary or secondary school.
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.