Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), as part of our efforts to strengthen our technical capacity, provide leadership and direction for our Technical Department.
The Director, Technical is required to carry out the following specific functions amongst others:
- Design, develop and implement a framework for tracking allocation, disbursements, and application of revenues from the extractive sector.
- Provide sound and independent opinions on technical issues raised in the reports in line with the standard practice and available information.
- Conduct periodic technical assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistency of NEITI industry reports.
- Develop systems and processes that will be useful in quality control.
- Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee all the activities of the Technical Department and ensure adequate utilization of human and material resources,
- Define and develop overall technically related operational work-plan for the management on a day-to-day basis for the benefit of the organization.
- Manage cross-functional relationship with other departments and units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Secretary.
- Interested candidates are expected to possess a minimum of Master's degree in Geology, Engineering, Accountancy, Economic, or related relevant disciplines.
- Relevant work experience in the extractive industry, five (5) of which should be at the top management level specifically in mining, oil, gas, and auditing.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the on-going government reform initiatives/governance of the extractive industries sector.
- Knowledge of public finance management, good corporate governance principles, exposure to extractive industries operations, regulation, auditing, strategic plan development and implementation, employee performance, and change management.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and research skills, as well as advanced proficiency in IT, including the use of research tool such as SPSS, STATA etc, are required.
- Knowledge of the EITI will be an added advantage.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.