Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), as part of our efforts to strengthen our technical capacity, provide leadership and direction for our Technical Department, we require the services of a highly motivated expert to fill the position above.
- The Director, Technical is required to carry out the following specific functions amongst others:
- Provide sound and independent opinions on technical issues raised in the reports in line with the standard practice and available information.
- Conduct periodic technical assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistency of NEITI industry reports.
- Develop systems and processes that will be useful in quality control.
- Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee all the activities of the Technical Department and ensure adequate utilization of human and material resources,
- Define and develop overall technically related operational work-plan for the management on a day-to-day basis for the benefit of the organization.
- Manage cross-functional relationship with other departments and units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Secretary.
- Interested candidates are expected to possess a minimum of Master's degree in Geology, Engineering, Accountancy, Economic, or related relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 18 years post-qualification experience in relevant areas of the extractive industry, five (5) of which should be at top management level specifically in mining, oil, gas and auditing.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the on-going government reform initiatives/governance of the extractive industries sector.
- Knowledge of public finance management, good corporate governance principles, exposure to extractive industries operations, regulation, auditing, strategic plan development and implementation, employee performance and change management.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and research skills, as well as advanced proficiency in IT, including the use of research tool such as SPSS, STATA etc, are required.
- Knowledge of the EITI will be an added advantage.
- Only applications submitted electronically and those that meet the minimum requirements will be shortlisted.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.