Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About this Role
- Andela is seeking a Director of Staffing to help build and lead a robust staffing function that can match our developers’ skillset with our partners’ engineering needs in a consultative approach, as we continue to scale.
- Our partners today range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. CTOs and engineering leaders at these organizations supplement their teams with Andela developers who range in background, technical expertise and seniority. Effectively matching the best technical teams for our partners’ needs is at the crux of our value proposition.
- This position requires a motivated self-starter with an engineering and product background as well as experience in operations. He or she must be able to work comfortably in a less structured role, drive initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the organization across Andela’s uniquely cross-cultural environment.
- This individual will manage a team of 7-10 Andelans, who currently focus on understanding prospects and partners’ technical needs pre-sales, staffing engagements, and providing operational support.
- You will own staffing logistics, from a consultative, pre-sales technical assessment to the kick off call, on all engagements (new and upsells)
- You will continue to build and optimize scalable, data-driven matchmaking process
- You will ensure we have the right technology for scaling staffing by automating as much as possible
- You will provide visibility into forecasted supply and prioritized staffing queue to a cross-functional group of stakeholders, including individuals in sales, customer success and developer manager roles
- You will work with pre-sales, solutions architect team to understand the needs of the partner, any risks, and what is needed to make their ideal suggested solution a reality, taking into account any supply constraints
- When inventory is unavailable, manage staffing specialists to provide a game plan with the next best option, potential ramp options and time frame for a partner’s proposal
- You will ensure staffing teams have a deep understanding of developers currently available, including their technical skillset, prior industry experience, and growth desires
- You will represent staffing team’s voice to Technology Product, Engineering, Talent and Product Marketing teams to ensure team’s needs are being met and we have a scalable staffing solution in place
- 85% adherence to time to launch SLA
- 0% gross churn in first 90 days of new business engagement or upsell
- 3+ years of direct management experience, preferably in a marketplace or consulting environment
- 5+ years in product, engineering or sales engineering management
- Previous experience in a partner-facing role
- Data and solutions-oriented mindset
- Thrives in ambiguity and is a self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes, and building new teams [Entrepreneurial - has done this before but is ready to get their hands dirty]