A leading pharmaceutical company based in Lagos, is seeking a Director of Manufacturing to lead the production operations of the company. Details on the specific responsibilities and minimum qualifications are provided below.
The Director of Manufacturing will lead the manufacturing functions within budget and output targets to consistently meet corporate objectives.
S/he will manage the manufacturing team using best practices and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading members of the team
S/he is expected to be committed to the tenets of the company’s vision, shared values and also make significant contributions to improvement in profitability.
The Director of Manufacturing will:
- Report to the MD/CEO.
- Have overall responsibility for manufacturing activities in the company.
- Develop manufacturing plans and establish procedures for high standards.
- Develop and implement best practice manufacturing.
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet corporate objectives and operational needs.
- Constantly evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks.
- Contribute to overall business strategy and the annual budget process.
- Take ownership of the manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
- Ensure proactive maintenance of machines and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Effectively manage inventory (locally produced and outsourced) to abolish market gaps.
- Ensure efficient handling and movement of Raw/Packaging materials and finished goods.
- Drive new products discovery and early market entry.
- Relate effectively with industry regulatory agencies
- Lead in new product development programs
- Any other assigned duties.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years manufacturing/ operations working experience in a pharmaceutical company, Chemical or Food & Beverages
- Demonstrable experience of leading a manufacturing function with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems.
- Age range: 40-50 years.
- A Chartered Member of an industry-related Professional Body will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse team of professionals.
- Ability to deal with industry regulatory agencies such as NAFDAC PCN, etc
- Please note that only qualified candidates should forward a cover letter along with their curriculum vitae