Director of Collections and Recycling Operations –
Include the following with other duties as assigned.
· Responsible for planning, organising and directing Regulatory Compliance, Engineering, Contract Administration, Negotiation and Project Management work for solid waste collection and debris management operations.
· Responsible for providing high-level managerial coverage including long-range planning, establishing and directing related programs.
· Overseeing the management of the daily collection, recycling and other waste diversion methods and debris management operations.
· Responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of all collection, recycling and debris management operations.
· Actively participating in annual strategic planning sessions.
· Facilitating the provision of services to commercial and residential customers.
· Performing long-range planning for staffing needs, equipment replacement, and other operational requirements.
· Advising the Senior Management Leadership Team regarding the impact of proposals or operations.
· Participating in the creation and update of departmental policies, SOPs, and carrier license modifications.
· Coordinating with managers and supervisors in preparation of annual fiscal operating budgets.
· Analysing field operations and formulating improvements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations/ waste management legislations.
· Ensuring compliance with all licences.
· Preparing or reviewing written reports and make corresponding presentations.
· Full participation in all in -house and public workshops to generate support for proposed projects.
· Deciding the overall work direction for the staff and their various areas of responsibility.
· Ensuring that staff receives proper training and that a career development strategy is implemented to prepare future leaders.
· Coordinating solid waste collection and recycling operations in conjunction with planning, engineering and consulting staff to ensure the success of new programs.
· Overseeing the performance of the hauling, bin site, and convenience center contractors and/or staff and enforcing Authority contracts, safety rules and/or Permits/ licences as appropriate.
· Representing the organisation in negotiations with vendors and service contracts and participating in contract administration.
· Liaising with the public in matters related to collection and recycling operations and other innovative waste diversion methods.
· Responsible for Debris Management which consists of debris collection, site management, mulching and composting operations and preparation for final disposal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Job Requirements, Experience & Training Education:
· First degree in any related field
· Collections and Recycling certification is required
· Five years of collections experience and minimum of three years recycling experience will be an added advantage.
· Experience in mulch and composting operations and route management.
· Fluent in English
· Experience working in a medium organisation
· Quality Assurance Management Training
· Process Audits and Reviews
· Project Management.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, organisational and follow-through skills.
· Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
· Requires a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
· Minimum qualification: B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.
***Application Closing Date 30th October, 2018.***