The Server Administrator will focus on administration in a large-scale Linux & Windows mission-critical environment where best IT practices are followed, supporting a large number of production databases, 7x24.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in Azure/AWS/Google Cloud/Heroku.
- Experience with web application servers (NGiNX, Apache), databases (Aurora/MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift), cache technologies (Redis, Memcached), and queue technologies.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting technologies (Cloudwatch, Grafana, Graphite, New Relic, Nagios, Pagerduty).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code methodologies and proficient use of orchestration and configuration management tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible, and AWX.
- Exceptional skills in linux system administration.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Linux & Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus