SHIFT is a non partisan organization that builds support for transformative leaders in communities across the nation. Launched in June 2018, we are Nigerians from all over the nation and around the world. We come from diverse religions, ethnicities, and professional backgrounds, such as technology, media, law, consulting, oil & gas, legal, NGOs, and many more.
- Expanding and improving SHIFT’s web domains to increase signups, improve conversions, and help volunteers find meaningful actions they can take to impact elections
- Developing new products based on need and opportunities to increase or extend impact
- Developing and Leading a volunteer group of developers to build high impact tools in the civic space
- Providing extensive data analysis to understand volunteer impact and identify opportunities for new focus and optimization
- Building software to further refine and personalize our email program and ensure all of our mailings are highly relevant, timely, and effective
- Integrating data so we can mobilize volunteers to the most important and high-impact events at the right times.
- 4+ years experience as a full-time, full-stack software developer
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python,
- Experience with best practices for working effectively with remote teams
- Experience in building high-performance, reusable and adaptive UI components.
- Create new web sites and marketing landing pages using one of several web content management systems in use today
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications
- Experience with SEO
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (SHIFT is still very much a startup)
Work Experience and Training:
- Must have worked in technology environment with an interest in political, civil society, or NGO organizations
- Bachelor's or Training in Computer Science, IT or related degree
- Demonstrable skills with a strong portfolio/sample deliverables.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.