Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
- The Deputy Team Leader will be a part of the Senior Management team.
- S/he will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Technical Delivery of the Programme.
- The Deputy Team Leader will have the following broad areas of responsibility.
Strategic And Operational Planning:
- Supports in the preparation of the annual strategic plans; technical and operational work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required;
- Accountable for the successful implementation of market development activities through the effective leadership and management of the key Technical staff.
- Support in identifying potential new activities for the project, work with the Team Leader to drive forward innovative ideas in the project
- Monitor implementation progress; works to resolve issues, manage and mitigates risk; and escalates material issues and risks as appropriate
- Contribute to the overall leadership of the programme as part of the senior management team,
- Support the Team Leader in providing leadership and guidance to the market group as a whole Ensure the ongoing professional development of Market Section Managers, particularly in relation to business consulting skills and deal-making.
Performance Management, Training & Mentoring:
- Contribute to training needs assessment of market group team, developing and implementing performance improvement plans and on-the-job-training where appropriate.
Monitoring, Evidence & Learning:
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on market development activities, based on evidence of PM’s impact which also promotes learning across the Team and with wider stakeholders.
- Oversee and quality assure market development activities to maximise impact, identify new sub-sectors for PM investment as necessary,
- Provide technical guidance to the Technical Team to ensure results are achieved.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Successful track record in delivery of complex programmes,
- Excellent leadership, representation and organizational skills,
- Strong management and interpersonal skills,
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial / business reports and
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in agricultural, livestock and rural development, this experience can include working for an agribusiness,
- Demonstrable experience delivering agricultural M4P programming,
- Relevant experience delivering development projects in Sub-Saharan Africa,
- Work experience in W. Africa and specifically Nigeria is preferred and
- A demonstrated understanding of Climate Smart Agriculture is preferred.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding Hausa is desirable,
- Recently work in a DFID Funded Programme and
- Experience, held key management staff member on a large agriculture development programme.