The Deputy Plant Manager reports to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO). He/she participates in commissioning and operations of the gasification plant and manages a team of technical staff, including mechanical and electrical engineers and support staff. The plant operations staff will work in 4 teams and three 8-hr shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. The operation concept is based on central control room with a modern control system for all normal plant operations. The total number of operations staff will be 21.
Required Education /Qualifications:
- BSc in Mechanical (preferred) or Electrical Engineering
- Vocational experience in the mechanic or electric field
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Advanced Excel skills, E-Mail), Internet (for sourcing and procurement), Microsoft Project (would be a plus but not a must)
- Driving license
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Technical background, preferably in a thermal power plant or thermal related industry
- Experience with Instrumentation and Control Systems (ICT)
- Experience working with a major Nigerian industrial company
- Administrative work like logbooks, inventory, personnel planning
- Staff leading role as team leader, shift leader, dept. manager etc.
Commissioning of the gasification power plant in Ijebu Ode LGA is expected to start in the Q4 2020. In preparation for commissioning the plant PP Energy is looking to hire a Deputy Plant Manager and to train him/her in all aspects of operations and management of the DFB gasification plant to ensure knowledge transfer for safe and effective operation of the plant. Training may include travel abroad to Austria and/or Thailand for up to 1.5 year to gain theoretical and hands-on knowledge and experience in plant operations and management.
PP Energy offers an attractive remuneration package including monthly salary, benefits, health and accident insurance in accordance with Nigerian Labor Laws. The contract may be renewed upon satisfactory work of the employee. Salary is negotiable