We are an international co-educational services limited comprising of Preparatory, Elementary, Secondary and International Baccalaureate School. We are seeking to hire an experienced Deputy Operations Officer.
Accountable to: The Director of Admin
- Select, assign, evaluate and instruct supervisors, technicians and/or engineers
- Responsible for support procedures for the school
- Prepare budgets, schedules, performance standards established/attained
- Lead/implement change initiatives
- Create, interpret, administer and execute policies/ procedures with broad, significant impact
- Thinks and acts strategically; develops, implements and operationalizes strategic and business objectives
- Effectively collaborates with leaders in initiating, designing, and implementing programs and activities
- Demonstrates high ethics that aligns with Greensprings School core values: - Child-centeredness; -Respect; -Integrity; -Excellence; -Entrepreneurship; -Service and -Sustainability
- Responsible for maintenance of school facilities and equipment, including preventative maintenance program
- Ensures a stimulating and conducive environment for learning, teaching and working
- Plan, organize, maintain, and manage the operations and reliability of school facilities and general infrastructure systems. Establish and monitor preventative maintenance processes and programs and facility inspection processes for on-going review of maintenance work by external agencies.
- Develop, recommend, and administer policies, procedures, and processes in support of surroundings and building maintenance operations; implement and monitor compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes.
- Monitor spending on projects; recommend and implement corrective spending plans; review and approve purchase orders; administer contracts; obtain price quotes and bids; process and approve employee purchases; ensure compliance with school purchasing rules.
- Monitor the safety and accessibility of the school and its facilities. Serve as the point of contact for the various government agencies on compliance issues, accessibility improvement projects, and/or other related issues.
- Monitor and oversee the work of external contractors to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily.
- Participate in the development and administration of ground and building maintenance budget; coordinate the allocation of resources following budget approval; recommend approval of expenditures.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for the practical organization of the day to the day cleaning operation
- Ensure that processes are in place to monitor stocks of cleaning equipment and materials in order that orders can be placed on a timely basis.
- Ensure that monitoring programs are in place to ensure that cleaning staff carry out their duties to the required standards.
- Ensure a reporting system is in place for notifying building and furniture defects to the maintenance unit.
- Carry out performance reviews and appraisals.
- Approve requisition forms for equipment, uniforms and materials required by the department.
- Approve menus with kitchen supervisor and chefs.
- Ensure that the meals provided have a suitable nutritional value in line with the requirements of the School.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived and due diligence (the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons) is in operation.
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Financial planning and managing budgets
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records
- Manage stock control and ensure that the FIFO stock method is used.
- Run the kitchen in line with health and safety, food hygiene, and nutritional regulations
- Supervise kitchen staff and waiting staff
- Ensure that food goes out on time and that the quality of the food is of a high standard.
- Introduce cost-saving innovation and ideas without sacrificing quality
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors
- Ensure that an approved vendor/supplier database is established and updated
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements
- Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
- Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
- Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
- Introduce performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders
- Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and delivery performance
- Supervise administrative, service skilled and technical/support staff.
- Performance manage, develop and motivate staff
- Ensure that all Health & Safety procedures are followed, in accordance with the school’s HSE guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that the school calendar is being monitored to identify school events and programs and ensure that arrangements are made to support these programs.
- Collect and analyze a variety of complex data and information, including utility costs and usage. Perform statistical analysis and summarize findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums.
- Produce reports and meet regularly with the Director of Administration to discuss the provisions and effectiveness of the department.
- Contribute toward the development of standard operating procedures and best practices in all areas of influence, and continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with policies and procedures
- Direct continuous improvement of operational processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions
- Collaborate with operations leader across campus to build organization-wide best practices
- Participate in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments within the School, the PTA, the community, and external agencies in order to provide information on available resources, projects, and/or services.
- Wants to do a good job and does not give up
- Works to goals and manages obstacles
- Drives for improvement despite frequent obstacles
- Sets and meets challenging goals and seeks long-term improvement
- Assesses and takes risks to make significant gains
- Breaks down issues
- Sees key issues
- Tests all angles
- Does complex analysis
- Customer Service Orientation
- Delivers a service
- Adds value
- Addresses underlying needs
- Serves long-term interests
- Improves and acts now
- Adapts existing approach and acts and looks ahead
- Anticipates the future, and develops new approaches and ideas
- Creates opportunities and acts for the long-term
- Accepts the need for flexibility
- Applies procedures flexibly
- Adapts tactics/approach
- Makes organizational change
Holding People Accountable
- Provides direction
- Demands high standard
- Holds people accountable for performance
- Addresses longer-term performance issues
Leading and Developing Others
- Gives direction and instruction
- Supports team development
- Is a role model for effective leadership
- Gains commitment and inspires others to achieve
- Confident in own role
- Acts independently
- Presents confidently
- Prepared to challenge and take risk
Relationship Building for Influence
- Builds rapport and takes several steps to persuade
- Maintains network and plans impact
- Extends network and uses indirect influence
- Knows own limitations
- Recognizes emotions
- Understands the impact on others
- Manages emotions
- Integrate people of different backgrounds into teams in order to achieve business objectives
- Listen to others’ points of view
- Uses own understanding of team dynamics to harmonize working and enhance results
- Creates energy and clarity so that people want to work purposefully together
- Inspires others to want to take a specific role as part of a shared purpose.
- Looks for better ways to achieve set goals
- Explores ways in which value can be added to the organization
- Changes the nature of what is done and benefits gained by thinking and planning with creativity
Education and Experience:
- University/HND degree
- Experience in facilities management
- People management experience
- Working knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to area of responsibility
- Knowledge of HSE
- Financial acumen
- High competency level in MS Office application