Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a beverage company with strong growth plans, backed by international investors, is recruiting to fill the position above.
- Setting up and leading the control function of the finance department. The control function is responsible for financial analysis and planning and providing management information in accordance with international best practices.
- Leading the treasury function and ensuring that all financing facilities are optimally used.
- Leading the day to day activities regarding letters of credit.
- Support the CFO and management with their relationship and negotiations with banks.
- Periodic assessment of internal control environment, including root cause analysis following incidents to identify areas of improvement for the internal control environment.
- Be back-up for chief accountant, who leads the accounting and tax reporting functions within finance department.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience, 5 of which must be at a Senior Management role.
- ACCA or ICAN certified
- MBA/MSc will be an added advantage.
Experience and skills:
- Ideally the candidate has worked as CFO or head of finance of a smaller organisation and has experience with all tasks that a finance department performs.
- Preference for a candidate who started his/ her career with a Big 4 audit firm.
- Experienced with all forms of financing including letters of credit.
- Excellent and proven analytical skills and ability to translate data in meaningful information for management.
- Robust understanding of tax laws and regulations
- Experienced with financial reporting and IFRS.
- Proven ability to develop people and ensure that they excel
- Advanced excel skills.
- Attention for detail.
- Robust and proven project management skills.
- Experience in FMCG is a prerequisite but not a must.
- No compromise on integrity.
Salary and Benefits
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards