Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
- Responsible of team of Deal Managers in East and West Africa region.
- The Deal Managers are the project managers for the deal contracting process and are responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the contracts process for strategic transactions ensuring consistency with Oracle strategy, commitments and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a quality Contracting service to Oracle Sales through highly skilled and motivated Deal Manager workforce
- Ensures that the Contracting service complies with the documented process including conformance with Oracle commercial policies and procedures
- Ensure Contracting service is delivered to highest levels of customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Interface/liaise with regional sales management ensuring alignment to their business goals
- Responsible for continual improvement of the service offered
- Manages exceptions and escalations to Deal Management operation, handling customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Takes actions to solve complaints and identifies need for corrective/preventative action
- Complies with Oracle's policies at all times
- Owns and drives regional or global projects as required
- Educated to Degree level or with suitable higher level education or industry experience in technology and/or service delivery.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Manages activities of contract administration team to ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated and accepted in accordance with Corporate policies. Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle's risk. Manages a professional staff.
- Responsible for the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of commercial contracts; including licensing agreements.
- Reviews and approves all contractual documents, drafted by Field Contracts staff, for protection of Oracle's contractual posture, satisfaction of customer specifications, and adherence to company policy.
- Work with Legal throughout the negotiating and drafting process; to ensure all necessary approvals are received.
- Conduct periodic audits of Field Contract staffs executed engagement contracts for compliance with company policy and ensure adequate quality and technical proficiency.
- Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers.
- May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial, federal, state and/or local government contracts. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Contract Management process.
- BA/BS Paralegal Certification or equivalent years of professional experience.
Experience & Skills:
- Require a minimum of 2 years management experience in IT industry, preferable in operational or service delivery role.
- Displays a good understanding of Oracle technology and services capability and structure
- Displays a good understanding of Oracle's internal organization and seeks to build and maintain a personal contact network within this structure
- Stays open and honest with customer and colleagues at all times, honoring promises and commitments
- Identifies how to improve how things are being done and acts before being asked
- Makes decisions based on accurate information and priorities that balances the interests of the customer and Oracle
- Fluent in English
- As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable)