The role objective is to plan, maintain and develop databases incorporating the following principles:
That members access data concurrently in a form that suits their needs
That there is adequate provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
In this role, primary responsibilities will include:
- Planning dataflow to the database
- Mapping out the 'conceptual design' for a planned database
- Further refining the 'physical design' to meet system storage requirements
- Testing new systems
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data privacy regulations wherever applicable
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Controlling access permissions and privileges for access to database
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff, to ensure the database integrity and security
- Commissioning and installing new applications
- Administration of all issues regarding Database servers
- Supervise and control all Database servers inventories
- Relevant Oracle database certification(s) is a strong advantage.
- Ideal Candidates will have excellent communication skills, be self-sufficient and willing to enhance their skills as required.
- You will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and cope well with deadlines.