Job ref: DB-CRB
The role objective is to plan, maintain and develop databases incorporating the following principles:
- That members access data concurrently in a form that suits their needs
- That there is adequate provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Planning data flow to the database
- Mapping out the 'conceptual design' for a planned database
- Further refining the 'physical design' to meet system storage requirements o Testing new systems
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data privacy regulations wherever applicable
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary
- Controlling access permissions and privileges for access to the database
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff, to ensure the database integrity and security
- Commissioning and installing new applications
- Administration of all issues regarding Database servers
- Supervise and control all Database servers inventories
- Education: Graduate in Computer science or equivalent with relevant Oracle database certifications.
- Experience in database administration for Oracle database and SQL. Must have excellent communication skills.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.