IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia, and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
- Manage security and disaster recovery aspects of the company’s database management system (DBMS).
- Establish user needs and monitor user access and security.
- Monitor DBMS performance and managing parameters to enhance responsiveness to front-end users.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility of DBMS for end-users.
- Map out the conceptual design for DBMS. Also, install and test new versions.
- Refine logical design of the DBMS in order to translate to a specific data model. Also further refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act (UK).
- Prepare database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control DBMS access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans for the DBMS.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers, and multi-media programmers.
- Communicate regularly with Technical, Applications, and Operations functions to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Knowledge Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Database & Storage Administration
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree/ Higher National Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- Demonstrable expertise in database, SQL, and application performance tuning.
- Able to work effectively with IT project and infrastructure teams.
- Experience in configuration, maintenance, and administration of Postgrad environment.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.