- Responsible for assigned presales activities from conceptualization, demo, site surveys/assessment, architecting/design, response to bids, bid defense to deal closure around the applicable solution areas to ultimately drive sales for the department
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Characterize Customers requirement & Expectations
- Prepares and packages assigned proposals/response to bids after proper vetting and supervision.
- Provides assigned defense/clarification of such bids/proposals as stated above with ultimate goal of generating job orders based on such.
- Customer Product knowledge briefing/presentations/clarifications
- Ensures and Maintains regular OEM pricing Database for Components/materials, pricing updates, and documentation for commercial bid/quotations preparation.
- Carries out Site Survey/assessments, Pre-bid meetings attendance, and Customer interfacing with aim of Characterizing requirements & expectations of such Customers for all response to bids, tenders, and quotations.
- Carry out Solutions Architecting/Design and packaging- Writing Technical proposals, preparing commercial proposals, and response to bids e.t.c.
- Ensure deadlines or submission dates for bids/quotations/proposals are strictly complied with
- Ensures and carries out Proper and simplified documentation of all submitted bids, proposals or quotations.
- Carries out in-house Product knowledge briefing/presentations/clarifications as the need arises.
- Consult with clients and potential clients to determine their technology requirements and ensure business alignment
- Provides secondary resolution support for customer SLA tickets by working with the support team as the need arises and as assigned.
- Provides secondary implementation/installations/configurations support for project implementations by working with the professional services team as the need arises and as assigned.
- Adhere to and comply with the dept. practices around PREPARE, PLAN, DESIGN stages of technology lifecycle and engagement model with the customer.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the applicable solution area by taking full advantage of the huge information contained in OEM websites, attending OEM development training, seminars and by reading professional literature in the related technical field
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Ensure proper training of team members and knowledge transfer.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First degree in Engineering, Computer Science or another related discipline.
- Post-graduate experience in a similar position,
- An MBA or relevant post-graduate degree/professional qualification e.g. CCNP, CISSP (Security)
- In-depth knowledge of ICT business environment and security technologies/products.
- Presales Experience in security Solutions.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Surpass at least 80% of budgeted revenue/gross profit
- 90% Customer Retention Rate
- 80% compliance with internal business processes
- 40% direct solution delivery support.
- Delivery of professional services to all customers
Required Skills and Competencies
- High level of professional skill and knowledge in solution areas and management
- In-depth ICT Skills
- Policies and processes development & Implementation.
- Must possess astute technical & business acumen
- Must be confident
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organized
- Good reporting, project and time management skills with persistence
- Must be a strategic thinker
- High energy, integrity, and confidence
- Proactive decision-maker
- Ability to look beyond the obvious/routine
- Ability to see what others cannot see
- Ability to seek a richer set of alternatives
- Ability to question assumptions
- Must be an energetic person with an unusual initiative
- Must be resilient
- Sound ethics and integrity.
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.