Reporting Line: Data Centre Manager (DCM)
- Assumes ownership of the Data Centre space and liaise with the DCOM & Facilities Manager to ensure consistent customer experience.
- Manage the Service Coordination team and liaising with Technical Sales, DC Product specialists and the DC operations team to ensure that the right technical solutions are designed for the customer.
- Manage the entire cycle of customer on-boarding process (from feasibilities studies to sign-off) and ensuring that detailed and realistic project implementation plans are developed for the customer onboarding.
- Builds and sustains effective communications with all stakeholders and across functional teams to maximize the customer experience
- Following and executing best practices linked to ITIL disciplines
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for clients in the facility
- Responsible for coordinating on-boarding activities for clients, and executing client setup/configurations
- Managing and coordinating of Client rack installations, power up and interconnectivity
- Active participant in the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Responsible for planning and coordination and execution of Change Records (CR) as it relates to Data Centre Space, power and cooling management
- Responsible for client expectation management
- Providing support to Operations Centre (NOC)/ServiceDesk initiatives and providing assistance for client communications
- Contributing, creating, and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation and reporting periodically
- Identifying and recommending automation, process
- improvements, and identifying opportunities for increased reliability and a better client experience
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of faults to designated persons (suppliers / internal stakeholders).
- You will support and ensure that all applicable Data Centre standards are duly complied with for of quality management.
- Ensure continuous improvement of Data Centre processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and reflect industry best practice
- Forecast staff needs, including coaching, motivating and developing team members.
- Technical Knowledge of various Electrical Distribution and sub systems, HT DG, Large Chillers, PACs.
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
- Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Cost conscious professional, successfully exhibiting excellence in significant savings through effective execution and evaluation of projects.
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and innovative problem solving abilities. Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a Good Team player.
- Able to manage and resolve conflict within the team
- Have a positive frame of mind and be open to acquiring new skills
- Manage both on-roll & outsourced employees
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Capable of handling customer queries related to Non-IT systems Handle shift planning and management
- Capable of handling customer queries related to Non-IT systems Documentation and Reporting.
- Experience handling customer and internal Audits.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field is required. ITIL V3 Certification will be an added advantage.
- 4-8 years of experience in Data Centre Business, 3 of which must be in data centre operations, preferably in an open access/colocation environment.
- Experience with data center subsystems – generators, UPS, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, access control systems, CCTV and other critical sub systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, including Visio
- Exposure to formal project delivery methodologies
- Customer service, focused on overall client satisfaction
- Ability to work within a deadline-oriented team environment, to prioritize work, and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and motivation, together with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to recognize, diagnoses, and solve problems without undue assistance
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong verbal and written skills.