Reporting to: Head: Data Centre and Facility Operations
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with very strong hands-on M & E experience in data centre/mission critical facilities Industry Experience
• 7+ years of relevant hands-on work experience.
• Willing to learn and ability to acquire multi-skills set to handle different processes & tasks.
• Hardworking and possess high level of initiative and self-motivation.
• Willingness to work under pressure and perform duties based on shift rosters
• Good communication and teamwork skills.
• Hands-on with experience in ATS, STS, HVAC, generator paralleling controller troubleshooting & repairs
• Must be able to read schematics and complex drawings/diagrams
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling management
. Support and maintain HVAC, Generators, Power Distribution systems-LV & HV, UPS, fuel supply pipe lines, and lighting installations to maintain 100% service uptime.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose failed equipment to determine root cause of equipment failure; take corrective action and ensure reliability improvements.
• Support and perform preventive maintenance & calibration to ensure optimum working condition of supporting infrastructure
• Assist in mechanical systems and electrical infrastructure improvement projects
• Installs, maintains and repairs automation and control systems
• Assist in mechanical and electrical equipment set up and installation
• Responsible for spares inventory management
• Carry out mechanical & Electrical related task as assigned by superior.
• Participate in technical audits and compliance assessments, and ensure closure of corrective action plans
• Carry out other tasks as assigned within the scope of the job position.
• Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance program is implemented and followed throughout
• Mandatory to be available on 24/7 basis to respond to all infrastructure emergencies.
• Coordinate and manage all facility housekeeping (Cleaning of offices and critical environments) through a janitorial service vendor
• Responsible for tracking equipment performance and maintaining logs and reports.
• Equipment calibration & Preventive Maintenance logs.
• Responsible for generating daily report on electrical infrastructure and mechanical system
• Assist facilities team in achieving daily performance output.
• Technical support of other groups in the department.
• Assist vendors and contractors with new equipment specification & installation.
• Comply with all department and data centre policies.
• Supports Rack Centre safety, health and environmental projects
Key internal interface
• Facilities Management team • Technology Architecture
• Command Centre team
• IT infrastructure companies
Key external interface
• Key Equipment Suppliers
• Maintenance contractors
• IT Infrastructure Companies
• Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
• Capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
• Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
• Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
• Highly motivated and performance orientated.
• Understands and adherences to all safety requirements; strives to promote a safe work environment.
• Teamwork; ability to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
• Committed to development of team talent. Hands-on, performance oriented, practical and pragmatic, with a proven ability to “get the job done”.
• Proven A1+ physical health is a must. Strong work ethic, endurance and ability to work long hours under challenging operating conditions.
• Proven “staying record” – no job hopping.