Our client is looking to recruit a Database Analyst. In this role, you will analyse data, develop and maintain databases by identifying and solving database requirements; supporting users, etc. for client organisations and projects.
Reports to CEO/MD or Director of Projects
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a seamless flow of information throughout the company and her clients, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Analyze and manage data in order to build data driven insights and high impact data model
- Create models and processes to collect, distill and interpret data with a view to aid better, more informed decision making
- Analyze a broad range of existing data sources
- Run analytical experiments and evaluate theoretical alternate models for projects as assigned
- Conduct statistical analysis to develop strategies
- Identify data patterns and trends
- Analyze data to develop predictive models for clients as assigned
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement databases in accordance with end users’ information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, database back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Utilize high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup database
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Create, manage and maintain analytically rigorous data
- A Degree in the Sciences with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role (database Analysis or M&E or Strategic Information Management)
- Professional qualification is an added advantage
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- Specific Database Competencies:
- Hands-on experience with SQL Database
- Good knowledge of Power BI and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of database backup, recovery, security, integrity and high availability
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Ability to think algorithmically
- Excellent knowledge of Data Maintenance
- Experienced in data analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining techniques
- Experienced in one or more programming languages (C/C++, Python, Perl, Java)
- Experienced in genetic algorithms, logistic and linear regression, PCA, decision tree analysis and statistical methods
- Familiarity with data automation techniques
- Behavioral Qualities/Other Competencies:
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Attention to Detail
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation
- If you have Proven work experience as a Database Analyst, Excellent analytical and time management skills as well as a B.Sc. in a relevant field, then this job is for you!
To apply, please send your CV or online profile link with the subject titled: Database Analyst Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received a response by 2nd October 2019, please consider yourself as not having been shortlisted. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as Insiteful Solutions strongly upholds a policy of non-discrimination against any person regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender or disability.