APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
- Maintains interaction with with Agents, Consignees, Shipping Companies, Government Agencies and other stakeholders in the Maritime Industry on customer services related activities
- Ensures management of internal customers for superior and excellent service delivery
- Authorizes all prepayment and Government Agencies holds.
- Work with the project team on customer experience projects to ensure successful roll out.
- Ensure successful implementation of any new process introduced by Management for Customer Service related activities.
- Performs any other related activities, as designated by the Chief Commercial Officer
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
- At least seven years or more of strong supervisory experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of customer service
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve logistical problems as they happen in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines.
- Have effective customer service skills.
- Provide leadership and ensure cooperation and support from employees and contractors in all areas of terminal operations to achieve operational objectives of the business using a teamwork approach.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counselling and listening skills.
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills. Also must have a working knowledge of the Pidgin English.
- Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment is an advantage.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process, high level stakeholder engagement as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.