A reputable organisation seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
Job Description and Accountabilities
- Sales Planning and execution of the plan, on an SKU basis. Achievement of Growth targets established by the Company annually.
- Has a holistic view of channel and market opportunities in his region and work with the NSM for right resourcing and tools at optimum cost to capitalize those opportunities.
- Communicating sales policies and developments as well as cycle activities both externally and internally (RM/RSM/ Salesforce) to ensure that policies are effectively carried out
- Ensure Zero Bad Debts and Zero Non-performing assets/resources in his region
- Monitor performance (brand wise & volume by channel in all regions. Prepare sales analysis report for management, supervise the sales team through the RSMs to ensure the reps at the regions follow sales processes and increase coverage and efficiency of the FF across the regions
- Prepare an ROI analysis and present on a quarterly basis to the management team
- Market census and market map for the Nigerian Wine market
- Actively participate in business development projects (E.g. Trade incentives schemes, promotions, internal brand awareness campaign etc.). Monitor implementation and results of operational trade plans.
- Monitor competitor activities and provide Market Intelligence Reports to management with recommendations for appropriate actions on weekly basis.
- Inventory management and short-term (3 months) rolling Mobile Trader demand forecast.
- Point of Sale Price management to ensure ongoing market competitiveness for our brands
- Manages the Sales, Trade Expenditures and operating expenses (OPEX) budgets
- Organizing topics and content for Bi-Annual Sales Conferences for RM, RSM and ASCs.
- Training and development of the Sales team
- Mentor and coach to the team
- Lead by example. Roll up their sleeves and perform alongside the team. Travel 50% of their time and instill the same discipline for travel and seeing things first hand in their teams
- Regular and planned feedback versus targets
- Organize Field visits as required Subordinates
- Excellent knowledge of key trade partners
- Presenting the Company effectively to external publics
Critical Success Factors
- Excellent knowledge of distribution and sales strategy and communication of and training of staff in that strategy covering product(s) availability, visibility, price point management at POP for distribution; and selling skills including 9 steps in the sales call.
- Regularly updated Retail census and Retail classification and the development of routes and territories for active wholesale and retail coverage on that basis.
- Excellent knowledge of the Nigerian markets and based on this understanding execute excellent open market coverage.
- Achievement of sales volume and value targets on an ongoing basis
- Structure and management of the field force for optimal performance
- Efficient utilization of all resources and meeting or exceeding all cost targets
- Coaching and mentoring knowledge and skills, and attitude for application with the field force to enhance performance under trying circumstances.
- Excellent planning and forecasting skills and ability to write an accurate sales forecast within acceptable tolerance limits (+/-2–5% per brand variation with short term (3 months) forecast)
- A graduate - business school education an added asset. At least 12 years’ prior experience in Sales and Marketing with reputable FMCG, the last years being in a leadership position.
- The incumbent must be versatile, outgoing, affable, open-minded and approachable – a natural leader who inspires and provokes.
- They must be a self-starter, able to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. They must be willing to speak their minds, disagree where required, but never in an obnoxious or disparaging manner.
- They need strong interpersonal and leadership skills. They also need strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability where required to assume the risk.
- This is a leadership position in a very ambitiously driven company and the incumbent must have the ability to take the long-term view and grow with the Company.