Note: Only candidates with Corporate Sales Experience in a Travels and Tours company Should Apply
- The role is basically to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth.
General Objectives of The Job
- Defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the travel & tourism industry
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging on your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s representatives
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that address client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Designing the company sales strategy, along with the successful communication and delivery of the strategy.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with reservations & ticketing staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefings.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- New business development, negotiations and commercial contracts in line with proposed budgeted growth.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s database or other sales management system.
- Provide support and advisory services for the website and web content of the Company
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with the sales team to ensure that prerequisites (like Prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Ensure you represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development/sales training and mentoring to team members.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of client’s needs.
- Understand the company’s goal and vision and ensure the attainment of set targets.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned in line with the duties and responsibilities to achieve the corporate objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to relate with people;
- Confident, sound judgment and self-reliant;
- Passion to build, keep and maintain a strong mutual business relationship;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Ability to proffer solutions to customers issues and enquiries;
- Must possess adequate knowledge of your catchment area
- Diplomatic and robust personality; Must be emotionally matured to handle different situations and maintain a healthy work relationship.
- Must not compromise on integrity
- Possess a Valid Driver License
- Experience in developing and driving sales initiatives and identifying new business opportunities
- Presentation and Negotiation skills including effective persuading and influencing skills
- Travel Industry knowledge and understanding of tendering and pricing processes
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
- B.Sc/HND in Marketing, business studies or any social science discipline professional qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience developing corporate travel sales
- Worked with a corporate TMC or airline dealing with corporate customers or a related field
- A driven professional with a passion for travels
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office packages
- Good communication Skills.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Analytical thinking, Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Target Oriented: Meet and exceed the target set for different periods
- New Corporate Clients; Minimum of 15 Corporate Clients Monthly
- Ensures that 60% of the company revenue is derived from corporate clients
- Innovation and problem-solving.
- Increase the sales turnover with a growing percentage monthly.
- Client Retention
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly Reports to Management
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure. Thoroughly organized in face of constantly changing workloads. Juggles multiple projects across teams.
- Good Negotiation and bargaining skills; ability to drive the company's products to profitability.
- Takes full ownership. Demonstrates focused determination to complete work on time. Seen as reliable, trustworthy and dedicated. Demonstrates personal flexibility and commitment to get the job done.
- Develop travel products relevant to different seasons and events.
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.