Ref. ID: 138722BR
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to manage, develop, coordinate, maintain and disseminate the Firm’s Knowledge Management processes and resources. The primary focus is to update content that will aid in the Business development and knowledge on all market indicators.
- Communication strategist for KPMG’s Executive Office leaders both internally and externally.
- Coordinate the Firm’s external branding and corporate communication activities
- Ensure effective communications of key corporate messages within the organization at various locations – advertising and image building, change and corporate culture, communication policy, building a communication culture.
- Content and strategy manager for the KPMG Social Media platforms; § coordinator and correspondence manager for the various units and practices.
- Developing, managing, maintaining and measuring/reporting on selected engagement platforms and channels in line with the function’s mandate.
- Developing and executing strategic communication plans, policies and guidelines relating to the issue, risk and crises management, and measurement thereof including liaison with Global counterparts.
- Assist division knowledge managers to develop knowledge management strategies and process suited to their needs, ensuring adherence to brand central and Brand regulatory compliance in capturing and submitting high quality and valuable content to the micro web.
- Assist practitioners in navigating knowledge bases and creating content documents according to standards. Edit commentary/interpretations of content experts and internal submissions.
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with KPMG key contacts and communication lines
- Implementation of Marketing Plans for and Events for KPMG Nigeria
- Assist with monitoring documents submitted to the micro web for compliance with the brand and image regulatory policies, procedures, and practices, and ensure that high-quality standards and taxonomy are enforced.
- Assist in training staff in knowledge management competency by adapting training materials provided by Knowledge Management Support
- Work in partnership with other units to evolve the Lagos internal intranet/ extranet as a valued and much-used channel for knowledge and sharing information.
Monitor and maintain a subscription to the following:
- UNDB Online
- Fortune Magazine, Economist, Time, Newsweek, Harvard Business Review
- Business Directories
- The Banker
Qualification and Skills
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts or its equivalent
- Relevant experience in a related field
- Organizational and coordination ability
- Social Media Measurement and analysis tools; Google certified etc
- Technology appreciation, including a working understanding of Microsoft Office Share Point Server
- Good Computer skills, Searching the internet
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in diverse teams
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Performance Measures/Feedback
- Timeliness of deliverables related to research