FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Fhi 360 is pursuing an upcoming funding opportunity that will assist the Government of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health through Health Initiatives.
- The project will focus on: advocacy and accountability, data for delivery and health prioritization, strengthening health systems and leadership, human resources for health, private sector, demand for family planning and demographic analysis and communication.
The Contracts Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing the administrative processes for contract administration from pre-award to contract close-out.
- Provide professional expertise in contract administration to ensure full compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Comprehensively analyze contract terms and conditions to ensure that the organization has the organizational capacity or is able to acquire the necessary capacity to successfully perform and meet contractual obligations
- Expertly interpret donor terms or condition, rules and regulations
- Standardize administrative procedures for efficient award and sub award management
- Develop contractual documents including templates and ancillary business forms
- Provide capacity building and replication of contract portfolio management systems and best practices in award and sub award management.
- Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent or higher in finance, management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, progressive experience in accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment.
- Knowledge of DFID grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- At least 3 years of negotiating experience and direct management of contracts and other agreements
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
- The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.