Cisco network experience
- understanding of cisco networking protocols, project management skills, cisco networking knowledge of routers, switches, and firewall
- working with Cisco network software, Cisco network engineers must be familiar with design, support, and deployment of Cisco products
- Troubleshooting – the ability to troubleshooting network problems and outages, Cisco network engineers locate problem areas, isolating them for solutions
- Customer service skills – Cisco network engineers consult clients and customers to ensure that their needs are met; customer service skills are essential to building rapport with customers
- Knowledge of switches – Cisco network engineers should have experience troubleshooting Layer One network connectivity and also understand Layer Two, Three, and Four switching
- Routing Experience – using Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, Cisco network engineers work with and have a strong understanding of routers
- technical project management - ability to prepare LLD diagrams, manage an entire cisco deployment project from cabling to basic cisco CLI command knowledge.