A firm in the financial sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- As an information officer or Content Writer you’ll need to:
- Select, manage and source information resources, both hard copy and electronic.
- Classify, collate and store information, usually using special computer applications for easy access and retrieval
- Write and edit reports, publications and website content
- Develop and manage internal information resources and networks via intranet sites
- Respond to enquirers’ requests using electronic and printed resources
- Publicize and market services, through publicity material, demonstrations, presentations and/or social media.
- Some of the required skills includes but not limited to:
- Excellent communication and searching databases, designing for the web and managing the content of internets and intranets
- Well-developed research skills
- Attention to details
- Organization and time management skills, to organize resources as well as your own time and, the time of others
- Customer service skills and commercial awareness
- A willingness to keep up to date with advances in technology and social media
- The candidate must show concrete evidence of having handled similar content writing jobs.
BA/BSc/HND in any discipline but graduates of journalism, mass communication or English/literary Arts stands a better chance.