Duties of a Content Manager
- Overseeing all content creation activities for the organizations website.
- Working closely with the marketing team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with the company's wider goals.
- Creation of a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website throughout the year.
- Writing entertaining and informative search engine optimized copy.
- Targeting keywords set by the online marketing manager and basing articles around them.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Assisting the online marketing manager with ad-hoc copywriting.
- Repurposing content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Creation of entertaining and informative video content for the website.
- Working alongside the social media manager to create content for the different social media channels.
- Updating all sections of the website including homepage and all other categories.
- Training the ecommerce team on how to use the website content management system.
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Background of the ideal Content Manager:
- Degree educated ideally from an English
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content.
- Proven work experience as a Content manager
- Hands on experience with MS Office and Word Press
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to details
- Good organizational and time-management skills.