Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
- The strategic plan will comprise of persons living in the IDP camps, host communities and surrounding local communities in specific local governments in Borno and Adamawa States.
- The consultant will certify that the livelihood strategy would be developed through a consultative process encompassing the involvement and support of representatives of the local communities, government, the host community, the public and the private sector, organizations and other potential partners.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Development Economics, Labor Economics, Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Socio-economic Studies or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant field experience within one or more of the following areas: risks and vulnerability assessments, market assessments, participatory rural appraisal
- Knowledge of technical sub-sectors in livelihoods.
- Experience in livelihood programming e.g. agriculture, microfinance, local economic recovery, vocational and technical education training (TVET), value chain analysis, etc.
- Experience in conducting assessments, and planning.
- Knowledge of community-based and participatory approaches.
- Experience working with NGOs/INGOs would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Research and policy
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Brilliant networking skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and Power point.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.