RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Consultants-validation exercise for the E-wash project:
- The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-wash) project, is seeking to identify 4 dynamic and technically strong consultants to support a state validation exercise as described below. The consultants must be willing to travel to any of the 14 state capitals also listed below. Women candidates that meet the criteria below are particularly encouraged to apply. The duration of the assignment is up to a maximum of 22 days inclusive of weekends and working full time. The consultancy is therefore from Friday, September 7 to Friday, September 28 (without break).
- E-WASH is a 4-year activity funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), with the goal of improving urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services.
- E-WASH team sent out Requests for Expression of Interest to 14 pre-selected states. Only six of these 14 states will finally be selected for E-WASH partnership and implementation. The states are expected to submit their EOIs by Friday September 7, 2018.
Objectives of the Validation and Validation Teams:
- The overall objective of the validation exercise is to review and verify the information contained in the submitted EOIs by each of the 14 states. The outcome of the exercise will guide the Technical Evaluation Committee (not part of this exercise) to select six states where E-WASH will be implemented.
- The validation exercise will be undertaken by three teams. Each team will comprise of one of the component leaders at E-WASH, one each of the already identified Team Leaders and one consultant. Each validation team will visit at least 4 states and will verify information on:
- Policy, Institutional, legal and regulatory reforms in urban WASH sector
- Finance-both at State Water Board (SWB) operational level (revenue from billing and collection) and State level financing (budgetary allocation) to the urban WASH sector as well as HR related matters;
- Technical operations of the SWB ie. water production, NRW, etc as well as sanitation where such information is readily available.
- State validation exercise will be undertaken in the following states: Sokoto, Kaduna, Bauchi, Niger, Adamawa, Taraba, Nasarawa, Ekiti, Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Imo,Abia, and Kwara.
- Applicants must have at least 10 years work experience in any of the above areas of urban water and sanitation services - policy, institutional, legal and regulatory reforms, technical operations of SWBs, financial management especially related to operations of the SWBs ie. billing and collection, state level financing etc.
- Must have at least a Master’s degree in any of the above areas i.e international development, finance, engineering, human resources with at least 5 years post graduate qualification experience.
- Willing to be on the road for most of the assignment period and commit full time for the duration of the assignment which as stated will be from September 7th to September 28th.
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's with current contact information.
- Submissions should include the position title in the subject heading.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are sought for the following openings, based in Abuja.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.