McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits, and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
Who You'll Work With
- You will be based out of our Lagos office and will be part of the Petroleum Asset eXcellence (PAX) unit within McKinsey's Oil & Gas practice.
- Your work will directly contribute to increasing the value of Upstream assets and turnaround operational performance. McKinsey's renowned advisory, combined with specialized expertise in reservoir / well management, drilling, production optimization, onshore / offshore operations and asset management, allows PAX to integrate with the existing asset team to address current business and performance challenges - to maximize and realize the intrinsic value of the asset, whilst improving capabilities and sustaining change.
- You will be at the forefront of PAX's expansion into Africa, following the successful entry in the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
What You'll Do
- You will apply your industry experience to support clients and provide expertise and support to our client teams.
- In this role, you will work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organizations.
- Additionally, you'll work closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams (CSTs), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings and ultimately drive implementation and change.
- You will participate in, and at times lead, key internal knowledge-building initiatives as well as conferences and client workshops.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Engineering or closely related specialty; Master's degree / Ph.D. extremely advantageous
- Experience working within an Oil & Gas company, either as an operator or service provider/OFSC Upstream focused (e.g., reservoir engineering, production optimization, drilling, completions, well intervention & services and facilities)
- Strong business insight, impressive career development, and outstanding performance track record
- Proven track record of participating in or leading successful change management projects, with a focus on capability building
- Experience participating in or leading an operational improvement projects
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required.