A.) Job Description
The Consultant Family Physician will be expected to carry out, but will not be restricted to, the following duties:
· Deliver the highest possible standard of patient centered care
· Instruct Medical Officers on the best possible way to carry out their duties.
· Provide comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis.
· Run the outpatient clinic on a daily basis, except for weekends when only emergency calls will require a response.
· Perform surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency. Kelina Hospital already has Consultant Surgeons in various specialties.
· Refer patients to other specialists for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
· Be involved in a Residency Training Programme for junior doctors who apply to Kelina Hospital for the programme when the programmestarts in the future.
· Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
· Draw up standard management protocols for emergencies and ensure Medical Officers are familiar with them.
· Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services.
· Adequately diagnose and treat a wide-range of Paediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries.
· Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency Training Programme with appropriate experience in this specialty. Certification by WACP or equivalent body.
· Candidates must be resident in Abuja or show evidence that they are familiar with Abuja environment.
C) Method of Application
The following documents should be submitted to [email protected]:
· A letter of application for the job
· Scanned copies of certificates
· Scanned passport-sized photograph of the candidate.
The subject of the e-mail should be the position being applied for. Applications should be submitted not later than 2 weeks from date of this publication. Only applications which follow above steps, strictly, will be considered.
Negotiable but very competitive and comparable to the Federal Government Salary Structure. In addition, there will be a 3- or 4-bedroom accommodation for all Consultants. Only those interested in long-term relationship will be considered.