Reports To: Manager- Department: Concierge Office
We seek experienced concierge officers who would deliver consistently exceptional service to all our customers. The concierge office is our operational nerve centre and our concierge officers are part of our frontline staffs with a duty of care for our entire guest, ensuring guest comfort, guest satisfaction is utmost priority.They will operate both the front end and back end offices and must be well knowledgeable of every aspect of our business and supervising our people by assisting the manager in coordinating operations of all other Departments.
- Conduct and sign off on all Pre check-in room examination. Prepares guest reservation status and identifies duration of stay.
- Co-ordinate arrival of guest ETA and timely dispatching of Airport Pick-up, and prepare security pass for guests on arrival.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations, assigns rooms, accommodate special request within available means and administer guest check-in, and check-out in the most expeditious manner.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit checks- cashing, and establish cash handling policies and procedures, verifies method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette in managing all incoming phone calls, has complete and up to the moment status of types of rooms available, room names, and room rates.
- Sales-minded and presents options and alternatives to guests and offer assistance in making choices and using suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and promote our other services.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeepers of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Manage all cancellation procedures proactively following refund policy.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- Performing cashier related functions, posting charges to guest accounts, currency exchange, Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s,
- Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Coordinates the maintenance unit and execute all requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Knows all in house safety systems, emergency procedures, and muster points, and is aware of all fire and accident prevention policies.
- Follow establish procedure to register any guest visitors and signing in-visitors that sleep over.
- Duty over the outdoor spaces, ensuring the gardener and cleaners keep outdoor spaces,(gym,gardens, car park, lawns) well-presented in a welcoming and respectable state Remain vigilant to all aspects of security and report any breaches or issues to the manager or escalate to security agencies in the case of an emergency.
- Work in tandem with the housekeeping supervisor, security supervisor, chief chef and maintenance man to ensure smooth daily operation.
- Teamwork spirited individuals
- Persons with attention for details and a knack for excellence
- Person’s person with great interpersonal skills
- Audacious, lively and exciting disposition.
- Courteous,warmly and extremely resourcefulness
- Articulate and communicates well both verbally and in written language.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated at Graduate Level – HND, BSc – Any relevant professional qualifications/training is a plus.
- Demonstrable organizational and administrative skill
- Working knowledge of use Printer, Scanner, Photocopy, etc
- Hands-on experience with hotel management software, excellent, Microsoft office skills, at an intermediate level, specifically with experience of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and
- working knowledge of digital/new media skills.
- Must have professional experience of interfacing with customers in a corporate or luxury business environment, in front desk roles, reception or concierge roles