MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
- The Compliance Officer will be responsible for the effective management of corporate and statutory compliance risk, design, implementation and adherence to the compliance arrangements of MainOne’s operations across the multiple jurisdictions of operations of the group of companies (the “Companies”).
- Review the Companies’ material contracts with external parties; extract specific compliance obligations; continuously monitor compliance with legal and contractual obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with applicable units within the Companies to formulate a compliance check-list and develop such other functional tools to aid the effective and efficient response to compliance requirements
- Advise on and monitor internal compliance with the Companies’ Regulatory Compliance Policy, the Nigerian Communications Act 2003, the National Communications Act, MOCC licenses, government regulations, policies and guidelines and standards of the NCC and NCA.
- Periodic review and update of the Companies’ internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to Management on the Companies’ overall compliance standpoint recommending controls for identified risk areas.
- Liaise and assist in the review of tender documents for both prospective and third party transactions
- Create and coordinate reporting channels for compliance issues
- Preview proposed corporate and statutory, policy guidelines and standards of the NCC and NCA in order to identify threats to and opportunities for the Companies’ operations and advise accordingly.
- Identify all proposed policies of Federal Ministries, Parastatals, Agencies and relevant multilateral institutions that are likely to impact on the Companies.
- Advise stakeholder groups within the Companies’ on compliance with the policies and regulations of Federal Ministries, Parastatals, Agencies and Multilateral institutions.
- Create and manage a compliance data base for the Companies’ operations
- Collaborate with internal departments and Human Resources when required to implement compliance objectives.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- LLB/BL; 2:1
- LLM is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills
- At least 5 years post NYSC experience
- Exceptional judgment and strong initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with business and technical clients in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with other attorneys, staff, diverse in-house client groups, senior executives, opposing counsel and outside personnel.
- Experience of managing/resolving compliance related issues.
- Experience in consumer-facing businesses, capacity sales businesses and knowledge of telecoms and/or support for sales clients preferred.
Demand on the Job:
- Good research skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.