International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
- The Compliance Manager will be responsible in providing professional advice on preventive, detective and corrective internal control and organizational risk management to respective field, and country office management. S/he is responsible to supervise compliance officers.
- Field Compliance is independent of all country program management and the Compliance Manager is expected to maintain a professional and ethical demeanour beyond reproach and to always protect confidentiality.
- The employee will serve as the Compliance lead in the implementation of OFDA, USAID, and WFP programs in Nigeria. Specifically, the Coordinator will complete the following tasks:
- Develop a compliance review plan with the Senior Management Team.
- Design compliance review engagement schedule.
- Review samples prepared by the compliance officers before the compliance review execution starts and, receive approval from Regional Compliance Coordinator for compliance review executed by him/her.
- Assist management to effectively identify, document and mitigate compliance risks associated with program and operations activities.
- Ensure Compliance Officers are following up on the developed Issue Log for management agreed upon action plan that includes compliance, internal and external audit recommendations to track their timely implementation.
- Perform and supervise the Compliance Officer/s under his supervision on compliance review procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques with proper standard compliance review working papers and/or other suitable mechanism
- Prepares timely compliance review reports based on the standard template and review the assignment conducted by compliance Officers prior to submission to the Regional Compliance Coordinator.
- Build and develop the capacity of the compliance officers through the use of effective training, on job coaching, performance management frameworks and development plan.
- Exemplify the role model behavior when it comes to ethics and organizational values.
- In the absence of Compliance Officer/s conduct all types of standard compliance review areas as per Compliance Charter.
- Communicate periodically with management in order to verify progress made with regards to the internal and external audit recommendations.
- Assist in investigations upon request and approval of the Regional Compliance Coordinator.