- Perform and/or oversee, at a minimum, daily routine inspection of all residential and commercial properties, consistent with the building regulations and guidelines. This includes inspections of reported complaints of a violation or nuisance at properties under construction, completed properties, etc.
- Initiate compliance procedures on any property in violation of policies and follow-up until resolution.
- Conduct timely follow-up inspections and update property owners as necessary.
- Responsible for preparing all letters and notices, filing, logging, documenting and closing off all nuisance cases.
- Responsible for field inspections, filing, logging and issuing of building permits to new construction sites on the conclusion of the registration procedure.
- Parking policies and administration.
- Take action on refuse disposal violations by contractors and residents throughout the estate.
- Inspect and mark sidewalks, drainage covers and curbs for repair or replacement, generate reports for General Manager based on deficiencies.
- Supervision, review and monitoring performance of compliance staff.
- Working closely with the Security Department to back-up enforcement where required.
- Identify and develop plans for overall compliance with the guidelines.
- Performance of duties in a manner consistent with established standards for customer care, presentation, and communication; develop and modify work schedules as necessary to ensure duties are fulfilled.
- Interact professionally with residents, builders, etc. Respond to calls timely and follow up where applicable to ensure issues are resolved. Coordinate with Roads & Infrastructure Committee, Environment Committee as needed, etc.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position supervises the Compliance staff and any contractor employees.
- Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions, due to inspections of houses.
- The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor.
- The candidate must have a minimum of second class lower, Bachelors degree, and 5 years post qualification experience in Architecture/building/Civil Engineering.
- He must be able to interpret Architectural/building drawings and also undertake building development control tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and should be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player and with proven integrity.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with five years related experience and/or training.
- Language Ability:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, or members of the community.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, Roads and Infrastructure/ Environment Committees and Executive Committee.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, spreadsheet software, and email.
- Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License.
Note: Salary is #300000