Location: Damasak, Borno
Start date: as soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Support the establishment and management of the Complaint Response Mechanism for all ACF projects:
- Support the Accountability Officer in setting up the different Complaints Response Mechanism in relevant project locations
- Respond to enquiries from program beneficiaries
- Refer program specific complaints to CRM focal points
- Ensure confidentiality of complaint data is respected
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/information system, and ensure information is shared on a regular basis
- Support the M&E and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary access to CRM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits...)
- Address the queries of callers using setup hotline while respecting ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with the ACF standard operating procedures and HAP guidelines
- Provide accurate information related to the subject callers matter and other related ongoing activities when possible
- Refer sensitive complaints to relevant personnel within ACF senior management team
- Lodge all feedback, complaints and response in the CRM database
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe
- Ensure CRM database is forwarded to the CRM officer on a monthly basis and important complaints on the toll-free line reported immediately
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the callers in the hotline data base and understand Action Against Hunger programs/projects
Objective 3 - Reporting and Referrals:
- Submit internal, and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects. The reports will be submitted weekly, or daily according to the urgency of the call; include monthly recommendations, if needed, to projects/programs and program managers as received.
- Accurately refer cases internally within the departments of the ACF - with the support of the Accountability officer - following the standard operating procedures set for the referral system within the base
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the caller.
Internal & External Relationship
- Accountability officer: Technical hierarchical relationship - exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- Project Manager: Operational hierarchical relationship– exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Project Officers: Ensure exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- M&E Field Assistants: Manage M&E Field Assistants to ensure exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Other Action Against Hunger M&E staff: exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field
- At least with 1-year relevant experience in developing and maintaining accountability and learning activities.
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards
- Experience of carrying out design and implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience of developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for cash transfer Programme
- Demonstrated knowledge of accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive
- Excellent computer skills especially developing databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani…)
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and Policy
- Previous experience in handling feedback mechanism
- Previous experience of working with NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed