Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Location: Yunusari, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- Ensure complaints are recorded carefully during CARE activities and submitted on time.
- Provide training to community volunteers on best practices during program implementation.
- Provide support to maintain high quality program inputs and outputs in the Protection / GBV in program implementation
- Provide support to new program development, including assistance in conducting assessments, etc.
- Assist program Officer to ensure that all programs are gender-sensitive
- Collect data and figures from field team and compile and submit monthly quarterly and annual reports of ongoing projects.
- Supervise GBV and protection related field activities (Current & future) under the directions of Gender & Protection Manager.
- Assign tasks & duties to Protection / GBV field staff regarding monthly work plans.
- Manage and assist in implementation of work plans for GBV and protection related activities in coordination with the Gender and protection Officer.
- Ensure proper documentation of Protection / GBV activities.
- Prepare reports on GBV/Protection activities.
- Attend any meeting / training / workshop / conference as suggested by the Supervisor/manager.
- Contribute practically and by bringing new ideas for improvement of service delivery at field.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
Essential Skills Needed:
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Commitment to CARE’s Core Values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence and Equality
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.