- The objective of the Community Care Intern position is to work closely with the Regional Community Care Specialist to manage the MSH CaTSS community care & support program in a manner that strengthens retention rate across the supported health facilities, especially supporting facility base index case testing and linkage to ART.
- Support the implementation of facility based index case testing in supported facilities
- Support linkage to ART in all facilities
- Provide periodic application of SIMS tools as a means of providing mentoring and supervision to the health facility and community services providers.
- Support and ensure facilities conduct treatment preparation for all new patients.
- Ensure facilities provide routine adherence counseling to all patients attending ART and care clinics.
- Ensures and support facilities conduct proper documentation of services provided in the facilities
- Support and Ensure facilities provide positive clients receive PHDP messages, every clinic day and at support group meetings.
- Encourage clients to choose a treatment partner that will receive information and education to support client’s adherence to ART and clinic day appointment, keep telephone contact of client’s treatment partners.
- Work with referral coordinator and M&E/records unit to ensure effective tracking of clients experiencing a challenge in remaining on care and ensure documentation and reporting of same.
- Coordinate and support referrals and linkages in all CCT site for positive clients to existing support groups
- Support the formation and functionality of the support group cells (small groups of 5 to 10 persons living in the same area) and mentor them towards becoming a community based support groups as well as establishing an economic empowerment programme together.
- Ensure facility staff Collate and submit weekly/monthly statistics of services provided to the M&E unit through the referral coordinator or the focal person.
- Carryout any emerging activity as directed by the site coordinator or MSH Technical Staff.
- Work with referral coordinator to submit reports detailing all activities carried out.
- Ensure facilities document all cases of death, transfer, contract tracking of patient.
- Support and track facility Gender norm and gender violence activities
- Support facilities support group in monthly meetings.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Regional Community Care Specialist informed on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Works independently with close supervision from the Community Care Specialist
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess minimum qualification of B.Sc or its equivalent in any field of Social Sciences
- At least 2 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID/CDC at CSO or IP level
- Excellent grasp of community care issues and current literature on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English