Mastercard - We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Ref. ID: R-69720
- Communications generalists responsible for executing divisional and country-specific communication plans in Sub Saharan Africa with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads execution of strategies related to external, internal, public affairs and regulatory communications for Sub Saharan Africa division consisting of 33 markets in total and 9 markets as a priority
- Leads the creation of communication materials for internal and external audiences (e.g. customers, regulators, merchants, media, employees, and sales force) and implements communication activities within the division or individual priority countries
- Works collaboratively with the Middle East and Africa Regional Communications and Worldwide Communications team to implement online communications and work collaboration tools
- Ability to determine the right media mix to use in support of planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
- Leads implementation of internal and external communications related to philanthropic programs to increase awareness and drive employee engagement
- Networks with stakeholders (e.g. communication departments of banks, merchants, mobile operators, media partners, community leaders, and governments)
- Serves as a trusted counselor on issues related to communications, executive briefings materials and developing messages/communications training
- Leads projects with agencies and consultants to develop communications plans, materials and events, on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated experience and success in delivering and assisting in the development of local Communications programs
- Demonstrated success in leveraging knowledge of the industry to create differentiated communications content for multiple channels
- Experience supporting senior leaders representing the company at high profile business conferences and speaking engagements
- Knowledge of Sub Saharan Africa key markets, their culture, media and business environment in general.