About the Role
A reputable development organisation is seeking to recruit a Communications Coordinator who will develop a well-articulated, target focused and cost-effective communication and dissemination of information as it relates to the achievement of the strategic goal of the organization. S/he will contribute to promoting the image of the organization and disseminate relevant information to stakeholders. The Communications Coordinator will also be required to coordinate the activities of mass media, social media, and print as regards the output of the organization.
- Coordinate and act as the central communications point for media activities for the organization.
- Manage the organization’s website and other social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, blogs etc) to promote its strategic objectives
- Develop and implement innovative and effective communication strategies for dissemination of information
- Coordinate communication to the media, such as press conferences, media interviews, and briefings
- Act as a media spokesperson in line with the organization’s aims and objectives and agreed communication plans in order to ensure optimal media exposure and establish, develop and maintain a good relationship with the media.
- Integrate communications strategies with the initiatives of the organization’s various projects
- Responsible for the management of the documentation and publishing of the organization’s manuals and publications.
- Coordinate and ensure that the organisations’s communication outputs are published and circulated widely among stakeholders, partners, government agencies & donors.
- Any other related duties as required
A University degree in a related field.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- At least six years relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate the organisation’s activities and objectives to the public.
- Must demonstrate the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Knowledge of communication and profile raising
- Excellent presentation skills
- Technology savvy