APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals! Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
- Responsible for managing internal communications channels, including writing/editing the staff e-newsletter
- Responsible for the Town hall meeting content, presentations and follow ups
- Monitors all APM Terminals branded communications in Prints, electronic and social media
- Proactively seek opportunities to advise employees and management on communications issues
- Advise and support developing internal communications programmes, ensuring consistency with the global internal communications strategy
- Advise senior management on sensitive and complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications issues
- Represent internal communications on projects as required to ensure that project managers take note of internal communication needs
- Develop internal communications plans for a range of projects, initiatives and campaigns, and implement them.
We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, English, Public Administration or related field from an accredited university
- At least two to four years of experience in a similar role
- Professional Certification from Nigerian Institute of Public Relations is desirable
- A master’s degree (MBA preferred) would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in digital or new media marketing is desirable
- Knowledge of developing and implementing internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Knowledge and Experience of advising senior managers on complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications
- Experience in successfully managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, from start to finish
- Basic Knowledge of brand communication
- Experience in organisational change management communication
- Experience in writing for a variety of audiences
- Involvement in managing an intranet, including content creation and designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to network, interact and influence key decision makers within and outside circle of influence
- Well-developed proficiency in English language, i.e. writing and speaking and skilled in report writing
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.