Freedom Foundation is an NGO working to rehabilitate, educate and empower persons who abuse drugs or who have been victims of sexual abuse/violence or trafficked. We are currently seeking a qualified, creative, dynamic and passionate individual to fill the role of the Communications Coordinator.
- Direct all fundraising operations and manage the donor relations following the development of a fundraising strategy.
- Develop activities using both traditional methods, and developing new and imaginative methods to raise funds.
- Write funding and grant applications and use direct marketing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Research and develop profiles of target potential donor organizations and individuals.
- Approach, cultivate relationships and solicit contributions from target donors.
- Support corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers.
- Build and maintain profitable long-term fundraising with donors and potential donors.
- Preparing reports for executive management, donors, and general membership.
- Monitor donations, response to donations, and pledges redemption status and advise the Executive Director promptly.
- Lead staff in the preparation of events by identifying potential sponsors and attendees and coordinating logistics.
- Develop detailed and comprehensive project plan including detailed work breakdown structures addressing timelines, deliverables, venue analysis, budgets, resource allocation, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, marketing, risk assessment, etc.
- Develop and manage the budget.
- Effectively manage all internal communication regarding event planning and execution activities to team members, third parties and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Work with logistics team to coordinate venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire; facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, and first aid.
- Work with the HR/Admin team to coordinate hospitality.
- Work with the communications coordinator to develop publicity and PR campaign, and branding of the event, including but not limited to organizing the production of invitations, tickets, posters, catalogues and brochures;
- Coordinate suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly, delegating where possible.
- Prepare and present post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders with recommendations) in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Collaborate with finance to manage the reconciliation of individual projects/events and event programs including chasing department status of payments, accruals, invoices pending, etc.
The ideal candidate should have;
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field ( a Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an
- added advantage)
- Strong writing skills
- Good understanding of NGO funding landscape
- Evidence of good professional network
- Creative abilities and be Proactive.