- The Communications and Community Specialist (CCS) role is a dual role with one focused on communications and the other on managing the AboCoders community.
- For communications, s/he will ensure the image of the organization is properly presented and that her activities are accurately and promptly reported to stakeholders and the general public. This will be done majorly through our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), e-newsletter, blog, and press relations.
- For AboCoders, s/he will establish and manage an online community of female software developers.
- S/he will coordinate activities needed for the growth of the community of its members as well as manage the client linking process for the members.
Roles and Responsibilities
Social Media Management:
- Build a social media strategy in line with Aspilos Foundation’s goals and objectives.
- Implement social media strategies on our online platforms (social media, blog, and newsletter)
- Engage with stakeholders, development and government agencies, customers/clients, etc through online channels.
- Carry out a periodic evaluation of the communication patterns on all online platforms.
- Keeping up to date with advances on social media and the latest social media platforms available.
- Developing content for all pages and for future social media campaigns.
- Work with other employees to curate project driven content for the organization’s blogs and social media accounts.
- Create positive PR opportunities for Aspilos Foundation through engagement on social media.
- Maintain the highest standards & global best practices of communication always.
- Stay up to date on and involved in all the organization’s projects as to be able to report on them
Community Management Responsibilities:
- Establish a structure for how the AboCoders community will be run and managed
- Recruit community members from the graduates of the AboCoders academy and the general public
- Set up and coordinate learning opportunities and training sessions for members via the online platform
- Work in partnership with the local community and other networks to facilitate participation and access to relevant facilities and services.
- Ensure that there is a ready pool of developers with in-demand market skills that can provide services to clients
- Market the services of the community to the potential markets and close service provision deals for the community.
- Manage the service provision relationship and process between the community and the client
- Collate and analyze data and feedback from engagements to identify opportunities and create & improve relationships with other entities and individuals.
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over.
- You must, however, be empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying. Read our playbook to find out more about what we are like. If what you read in there resonates with you, then you should apply.
The ideal Person must
- have a good command of English, oral and written
- be ready to continuously learn
- be good with research
- be able to work remotely and independently
- must be tech savvy